IFPRI Researcher Dr. Tewodaj Mogues and Senior Economist/Consultant Dr. Aderibigbe Olomola have been working with the World Bank on an Agriculture Public Expenditure Review (AgPER) at the state level in Cross River, Niger and Ondo States. The World Bank is working on a similar review at the national level. The purpose of the review is to get a better understanding of how public funds are being spent on the agricultural sector at the state and national level. This understanding will feed into the Agriculture Development Policy Operation (AgDPO) in support of the Agriculture Transformation Agenda (ATA).
The World Bank and the AgPER team have been working hard to complete the review and much progress has been made to date. The next step in the process is to get feedback from stakeholders to inform and refine the analysis. The World Bank will be holding a workshop this Thursday to do just that. We would like to invite all interested stakeholders in our network to attend. The details can be found below:
Date: September 26, 2013
Time: 9 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
Venue: Royal Birds Motel, Owo Avenue, Ijapo Estate, Akure, Ondo State
Note: We apologize, but lunch and refreshments will not be provided, unless you received a formal invitation from the World Bank.
Draft Agenda for AgPER Nigeria Validation Workshop
- 9:00-9:15 Introduction
- 9:15-9:30 Opening Remarks - World Bank
- 9:30-10:00 Opening Address - Alhaji Lasisi Oluboyo - Hon. Commissioner of Agriculture, Ondo State
- 10:00-10:15 Towards Effective Inter-Governmental Policy Coordination And Fiscal Cooperation in Nigerian Agricultural Public Expenditure - Prof. Aderibigbe Olomola - IFPRI
- 10:15-10:45 Floor Discussion
- 10:45-11:00 Break
- 11:00-11:30 Review of Agriculture Public Expenditure in Nigeria: Federal Level - Chinedum Nwoko
- 11:30-12:00 Floor Discussion
- 12:00-12:30 Review of Sub-national Agriculture Public Expenditure in Nigeria: The Case of Cross River State - Prof. Edet Udoh
- 12:30-1:00 Floor Discussion
- 1:00-1:30 Review of Sub-national Agriculture Public Expenditure in Nigeria: The Case of Niger State - Prof. Justice Onu
- 1:30-2:00 Floor Discussion
- 2:00-3:00 Break
- 3:00-3:30 Review of Sub-national Agriculture Public Expenditure in Nigeria: The Case of Ondo State - Dr. R. A. Alabi
- 3:30-4:00 Floor Discussion
- 4:00-4:15 Vote of Thanks - World Bank
- 4:15-4:30 Closing Remarks - World Bank