IFPRI VACANCY POSTING
LOCALLY RECRUITED POSITION
Position # FO-13-023
TITLE: RESEARCH ASSISTANT/ SENIOR RESEARCH ASSISTANT
LOCATION: ABUJA, NIGERIA
REPORTS TO: KWABENA GYIMAH-BREMPONG – PROGRAM LEADER, NSSP
POSTING DATE: 20 JULY, 2013
CLOSING DATE: 15 AUGUST, 2013, OR UNTIL FILLED
Within the framework of the Nigerian Strategy Support Program (NSSP), IFPRI seeks a qualified candidate to serve as a Research Assistant (RA) / Senior Research Assistant (SRA) to provide research, capacity strengthening, and communications support to its activities. The incumbent will work under the overall guidance of the NSSP Program Leader, but will be employed directly by IFPRI’s organizational host in Nigeria, the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC). The employer of record will be IFDC and employment policies, compensation and benefits of IFDC will apply to this position. The final position title will be determined based on the candidate’s level of experience. Interested applicants must have work authorization to work in Nigeria.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform various tasks involving data collection, data maintenance, and data analysis using statistical software and other computer programs
- Conduct literature review and synthesis analysis
- Assist in the preparation of NSSP background papers, discussion papers, project research reports, donors reports, policy briefs and briefing notes for dissemination
- Assist senior researchers in undertaking IFPRI research programs or projects
- Assist in the internal and external communication of NSSP activities and outputs
- Assist with implementation of capacity strengthening activities and workshops/seminars/ and conference
- Perform some administrative activities related to IFPRI research programs or projects
- Masters degree or equivalent in economics, agricultural economics, natural resource economics, environmental economics, statistics or related fields
- Experience in working on agricultural development, poverty reduction, rural development, natural resource management related research and policy issues
- Strong English writing skills and experience in preparing research and book reports for research team(s)
- Familiarity with development policy issues in Nigeria
- Familiarity with statistical software packages and internet-based systems such as SPSS and STATA
- Working knowledge of communication and policy research dissemination skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and produce completed products on time
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and knowledge of Access
- Self-motivated, innovative spirit and excellent interpersonal and team skills and the ability to work with colleagues from diverse cultures.
IFPRI is one of the international agricultural research institutes organized under the umbrella of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). The mandate of IFPRI is to identify and analyze alternative national and international strategies and policies for meeting world food needs in ways that conserve the natural resource base, with emphasis on low income and on the poorer groups in the countries.
IFPRI offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. IFPRI is an international and equal opportunity organization and believes that diversity of its staff contributes to excellence. We encourage women and developing country professionals to apply.
Go to www.ifpri.org. Click on “Careers” and “Research Positions” to link you to Position # FO-13-023 – Research Assistant/Senior Research Assistant - DSG. Please complete on-line application, including a complete curriculum vitae and a detailed letter of interest. Also complete section
providing 3 references.
For more information on IFPRI, please visit our
website at www.ifpri.org. EOE