The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) in conjunction with the African Union Commission (AUC) and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) is organizing a conference on the theme "Increasing Agricultural Productivity & Enhancing Food Security in Africa: New Challenges and Opportunities."
The conference will be held on 1 - 3 November 2011 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Conference sub-themes include:
• Science, technology, and innovation in agriculture
• Rural service provision and access to factors and inputs for production
• Food reserves, markets, trade, and regional integration
• Investments, institutions, and policies for supporting agriculture
• Agriculture, nutrition, and health linkages
• Agriculture and climate change mitigation and adaptation
• Capacity development for agriculture through education and training
• Role of agriculture and the rural nonfarm sector in economic growth and national poverty reduction
• Regional value-chains development as a pathway for increased agricultural productivity
The organizers kindly request that those who intend to present a paper on one of the sub-themes listed submit an abstract (400-word maximum) to the contact below by the submission deadline.
• Abstract: 30 JUNE 2011
• Full Paper: 31 AUGUST 2011
• Registration: 15 SEPTEMBER 2011
For more information please contact Dr. Kwadwo Asenso-Okyere.
P. O. Box: 5689, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia