IFPRI (International Food Policy Research Institute) / IFDC (International Center for Soil Fertility and Agricultural Development) seeks qualified candidates to fill the post of Program Assistant (PA) within the Nigeria Strategy Support Program (NSSP).
The PA will provide administrative support to all aspects of the NSSP's activities. The location of this position is Abuja and the duration is one year, subject to renewal. The incumbent will work under the over-all guidance of the Program Leader. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Planning and executing workshops and related activities.
- Managing the office library
- Maintaining the office filing systems, including electronic files.
- Developing and updating office electronic databases
- Supporting capacity strengthening and policy research related activities
- Managing IFPRI-Abuja travel-related activities
- Preparing reports and letters as needed
- Performing other administrative and financial tasks as needed
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Experience working in an administrative support position.
- Strong English writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, collaborators, and the public.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and produce completed products on time.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and knowledge of other database software.
- Self-motivated, innovative spirit and excellent interpersonal and team skills and the ability to work with colleagues from diverse cultures.
To apply: Qualified applicants are invited to send an application consisting of
- A letter of introduction that outlines the applicant’s educational background, relevant work experience, and major areas of professional interest
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae including the name, address, telephone, fax and e-mail contact addresses of three referees
- A writing sample
Please email all application materials to: Administrator, IFDC-Nigeria, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The submission deadline is 31 December 2010 at 5:00pm. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No phone calls are accepted.